This tasty chicken recipe is a classic BBQ dish and can be enjoyed by the whole family whatever the weather
- 8 chicken thighs, with skin on
- For the stuffing:
- 200g carton cream cheese
- 100g (3½oz) pitted black olives, chopped
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, in oil, drained and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 serving of
- Use a small, sharp knife to remove the bones from the chicken thighs.
- Slash through the skin of the chicken
To make the stuffing:
- Beat the cream cheese to soften it, then stir in the olives, sun-dried tomatoes and seasoning
- Divide the mixture between the chicken thighs, wrapping the chicken around the filling.
- Place the stuffed chicken thighs in a shallow dish and spoon the marinade over
- Leave to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Thread the marinated chicken thighs on to skewers, using 2 skewers for 4 thighs, as the double skewers will help to prevent them spinning around when they’re cooking.
- Cook the chicken over a medium heat on the barbecue for about 15 minutes, turning them regularly, and brushing over any extra marinade
- Take care to fully heat through any marinade, as it will contain some raw meat juices
- Cook the chicken until the juices run clear when the flesh is pierced with the point of a knife
- Remove from the barbecue and serve immediately
Using chicken portions with the skin on helps to keep the meat more succulent than if you use skinless chicken thighs.