Succulent pork takes pride of place in this easy-to-prepare noodle dish that’s perfect for a flavoursome meal-for-two.
- 1-2 sheets of medium egg noodles
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 250g (9oz) pork tenderloin, thickly sliced
- 2tbsp Belazu Smoked Chilli Jelly
- 400g tin coconut milk
- 2tbsp Tamari or Japanese soy sauce
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick strips
- 3tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Cook the noodles in a pan of boiling water for 4 mins or according to the packet instructions. Drain in a colander under cold, running water, then toss in a little oil to prevent it sticking and set aside.
Heat a large wok, add the remaining oil and cook the pork on both sides until browned. Add the chilli jelly, stir well, then add the coconut milk and tamari or soy sauce. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins.
Add the pepper, carrots and noodles, stir well and heat through for 3-4 mins. Divide between two bowls, scatter over the coriander and serve immediately.
Top tip for making Sweet chilli pork with noodles
Why pork tenderloin? It's a small lean fillet of meat that comes from beneath the backbone of the pork loin - and it's deliciously sweet to taste.