Sweet corn and spring onion pancakes are quick and easy to make and go so well with spicy sriracha sauce. Have them on their own, for brunch or as a side dish, or even roll them up with leftovers. These savoury pancakes are so easy to make in just 20 minutes, with miso paste and fresh chilli to really bring flavour. It’s a fantastic way to eat more veg, and so tasty.
- For the
- 150g plain flour
- 1 heaped tbsp white miso paste
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 3-5tbsp vegetable oil
- 150g spring onions, trimmed and roughly shredded
- 3 sweet corn cobs, corn sliced off
- 1-6 (to taste) red chillies, sliced
- Handful coriander, chopped
- soy sauce, to serve
- sriracha chilli sauce, to serve
Whisk the flour, miso paste and sugar with a pinch of salt and 300ml ice-cold water until just combined.
Heat a little oil in a pancake pan and add a ladleful of the mixture. After 30 secs, add a little spring onion, sweet corn and chilli. Flip over once it’s browned, and cook for another min. Make 1 or 2 at a time.
Serve with fresh coriander, soy sauce and chilli sauce.