This spicy marinade makes sure this is a Christmas turkey with a real kick. It’s a deliciously different way to spice up Christmas dinner.
- 1 medium turkey, 6-7kg (13 1/2 to 15 3/4lb)
- 500g (18oz) yogurt
- 200ml (7fl oz) mustard oil
- 50g (2oz) ginger paste
- 40g(1 1/2oz) garlic paste
- 50g (2oz) red chilli powder
- 50g (2oz) turmeric powder
- 60g (2 1/4oz) cumin powder
- 40g (1 1/2oz) coriander powder
- 50g (2oz) chopped green chilli
- 100g (4oz) chopped coriander leaves
- 40g (1 1/2oz) fenugreek leaves
Score the turkey with a knife.
Mix the ingredients for the marinade together and baste turkey.
Chill for 24 hours.
First cook at 220°C/425°F/gas 7 for 40 mins.
Then turn oven down to 170°C/325°F/gas 3 and cook for 3 1/2 hrs.
Finally remove foil and brown at 200°C/400°F/gas 6 for 35 min.