A tomato pasta bake recipe is always a handy one to have up your sleeve. This bake includes spicy chorizo and sun-dried tomatoes for an extra rich flavour.
- 1 750g jar Bolognese sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 350g chorizo sausage, sliced or diced
- 12 pitted black olives
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 6 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped oregano
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 400g rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1 x 150g packet mozzarella cheese, drained and diced finely
- 40g fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- To garnish
- : Freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
Heat the oil in a frying pan adding the chorizo and fry for 4-5 minutes on a medium heat or until cooked through and lightly crispy.
Stir in the olives, sun-dried tomatoes, white wine and Bolognese sauce – season to taste. Cook the sauce for about 15 mins or until thick.
In the meantime, cook the pasta as directed on the packet until al dente. Drain the pasta well and stir into the tomato sauce.
Preheat your grill. Spoon the mixture into a heat-proof dish. Sprinkle over the cheese and grill until golden brown and piping hot. Garnish with freshly chopped flat leaf parsley.
If you want your pasta bake extra meaty you can add a bit of cooked chicken