This tasty tart is full of Mediterranean flavours, with ripe plum tomatoes and sweet peppers, your family will love this summery recipe
- 2 peppers, yellow and orange, deseeded and cut into thick strips
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 3tbsps olive oil
- 250g all-butter puff pastry
- 2tbsps chopped fresh parsley
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted
- 16-20 baby plum tomatoes, halved
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Baking sheet, lightly buttered
Set the oven to 190°C/380°F/Gas Mark 5. Mix the pepper strips and onion wedges on a baking sheet with thyme sprigs and 2tbsp oil. Roast for 30 mins, stirring occasionally, until they’re softened.
Meanwhile, roll out the pastry to a square, about 28cm. Cut into 4 x 14cm squares. Put them on the baking sheet. Mark a thin border around each one. Prick inside with a fork. Chill for about 30 mins.
Raise the oven temperature to 220°C/430°F/Gas Mark 7. Spoon the pepper mixture inside the pastry border. Sprinkle with parsley and add the olives and halved tomatoes. Drizzle with the rest of the oil.
Bake for 25 mins, below the centre of the oven. Season and drizzle with more oil, if you like.
Got leftover chicken? Put strips on top of the galettes for a meaty alternative.