Cheap, quick and easy – this delicious, filling family pasta recipe couldn’t be any simpler to make. Great for busy evenings.
- 350g (12oz) rigatoni pasta
- 2tbsp red pepper pesto sauce
- 400g can tuna chunks in oil, drained and flaked
- 1tbsp (15ml) pitted black olives, chopped
- 2tbsp (30ml) fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- 1tbsp (15ml) olive oil
Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 mins, or according to the packet instructions, until just tender.
Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Stir in the pesto sauce, tuna and olives. Return to the heat for 2-3 mins until piping hot. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Divide between four serving bowls and top with the chopped parsley, if using, and drizzle over the olive oil.
For a different flavour, try a new variety of pesto sauce. Look out for the range by Sacla which includes aubergine, rocket, coriander and sun-dried tomato as well as the classic green pesto.