This unusual salad is sweet and savoury at its finest and is really easy to make too. It’s a delicious healthy option as a filling lunch or light dinner and is bursting with superfood goodness. The strawberries add a depth of flavour to this simple salad. The tuna chunks are tender and work well with the softness of the strawberries. This recipe serves 2 people.
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 2.5cm chunk of fresh root ginger, peeled and cut into fine strips
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 100g prepared pineapple, cut into small chunks
- 150g strawberries, chopped
- 1 or 2 tuna steaks (200-250g in total)
- 2 handfuls of rocket leaves
- 2 lime cheeks, to serve
Whisk the lime juice and 2 tbsps oil in a large bowl. Add the onions, ginger and seasoning, then the pineapple and strawberries. Mix in gently.
Smooth the rest of the oil over the tuna steaks and cook for a min or two on each side on a hot griddle. Leave for a few mins, then cut into cubes and arrange on 2 plates with the salad. Put rocket leaves on top and spoon over any leftover dressing. Serve with lime cheeks.
Top tip for making Tuna and strawberry salad
You could use tinned tuna in this recipe too