This unusual salad is sweet and savoury at its finest and is really easy to make too. It’s a delicious healthy option as a filling lunch or light dinner and is bursting with superfood goodness. The strawberries add a depth of flavour to this simple salad. The tuna chunks are tender and work well with the softness of the strawberries. This recipe serves 2 people.
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 2.5cm chunk of fresh root ginger, peeled and cut into fine strips
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 100g prepared pineapple, cut into small chunks
- 150g strawberries, chopped
- 1 or 2 tuna steaks (200-250g in total)
- 2 handfuls of rocket leaves
- 2 lime cheeks, to serve
Whisk the lime juice and 2 tbsps oil in a large bowl. Add the onions, ginger and seasoning, then the pineapple and strawberries. Mix in gently.
Smooth the rest of the oil over the tuna steaks and cook for a min or two on each side on a hot griddle. Leave for a few mins, then cut into cubes and arrange on 2 plates with the salad. Put rocket leaves on top and spoon over any leftover dressing. Serve with lime cheeks.
You could use tinned tuna in this recipe too