Tuna is truly a nutrient-dense food. It's an excellent source of protein as well as B vitamins and omega 3 - which we hear so much about these days! And these tasty fishcakes are ready in less than 30 mins.
- 400g can tuna chunks in brine, drained
- 400g pack Lancashire cheese mash
- 2tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 100g wholemeal breadcrumbs
Flake the tuna and mix with the mashed potato, parsley and spring onions. Divide into 8 even portions and shape into patties, about 2cm thick.
Put the egg and breadcrumbs in separate shallow dishes. Coat each fish cake, first in the egg and then in breadcrumbs.
Heat 100ml oil in a frying pan and cook the cakes for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve with a selection of vegetables.