These quick-to-prepare tuna steaks are given an extra kick by sun-dried tomato butter. Delicious!
- 4 x 150g (5oz) tuna steaks½ tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- For the tomato butter:
- 50g (2oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 50g (2oz) sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2tbsps chopped fresh oregano
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus 1tbsp juice
Put the tuna steaks in a large, non-metallic bowl, season and drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Place in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour.
Combine the tomato butter ingredients and season. Spoon on to a large square of greaseproof paper and wrap into a sausage shape. Twist the ends to seal and chill to firm up.
Fry the tuna steaks for 5 mins, turning once. Top with a slice of tomato butter and cook for a minute until the butter melts a little.
These tuna steaks can be cooked on the barbecue if you prefer.