This Mediterranean inspired dish is both healthy and tasty. And it will help you on your way to five a day. For more about this kind of food have a look at the Mediterranean Diet.
- 200g (7oz) turkey breast slices
- 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 medium courgette, trimmed and sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into slim wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 5tbsp shredded basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pitta breads
- 3tbsp very low-fat yogurt
Pre-heat oven to 200°c/400°F/gas 6. Place the vegetables in a large roasting tin.
Mix the garlic, lemon juice and zest and basil and sprinkle a third over the vegetables. Toss to coat. Season generously and roast for 20 minutes until lightly charred and soft.
Meanwhile halve the turkey breast slices lengthways, roll up, put in a roasting tin and sprinkle with some lemon marinade. Cook in oven for final 5 minutes of cooking time.
Heat a griddle pan until piping hot and cook the pitta breads for 1 minute on each side until lightly charred and ‘lined’. Alternatively, grill or toast pitta breads.
Cool slightly then slice open the pitta breads along one side and fill with the roasted vegetables and rolled turkey.
Mix the remaining lemon, garlic and basil with the yogurt, and serve drizzled over the pitta breads.