A fast and easy family meal to enjoy over the Christmas period, using leftover turkey and the trimmings.
Great for a snack, supper or lunch for 2 people.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp chicken tikka curry paste
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 200g (7oz) cooked turkey, sliced
- 100g (3½oz) basmati rice
- 300ml (1/2 pint) hot chicken stock
Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the red onion and fry for about 7 minutes, until softened and browned. Set aside about a third of the onion.
Add the curry paste, garlic, turkey, rice and stock to the pan. Cover and cook for 25 minutes, until the rice is tender and the liquid absorbed. Sprinkle reserved onion on top.
This recipe will also be fine with leftover cooked chicken, lamb or beef.