Try a new way with turkey – deliciously thin turkey breasts in a fruity sauce and served with couscous, plus it’s on the table in 15 minutes!
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- About 275g (9oz) free-range turkey breast escalopes
- 1 apple, quartered, cored and cut into wedges (try Pink Lady or Jazz apples)
- A few thyme sprigs
- 250ml bottle pressed apple juice
- 1tsp honey
- 60g (2oz) blueberries
- 2tbsp dry couscous per person, to serve
- A small handful, about 30g (1oz), frozen soya beans or peas per person, to serve
To make up the couscous: Put it in a bowl with the frozen vegetables, pour over enough boiling water to cover, and leave for 8-10 mins.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Season the turkey escalopes and cook for about 2 mins on each side until browned all over. Take out of the pan and set aside in a warm oven.
Add the apple wedges and thyme to the pan, and cook for a few mins to brown the apple. Take out and put in the oven with the turkey.
Pour the apple juice into the pan, bring to the boil, add the honey and reduce the liquid by about half. Then put the turkey back in, cook for a min and add the apples and blueberries. Heat through before serving.