Whether you’re a curry novice or more of an expert, you’ll love this tasty vegetable curry. At only 131 calories per portion, it makes a great healthy alternative to takeaways
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp balti curry paste
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 500g (1lb) butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 500ml (16fl oz) vegetable stock
- 8 small cauliflower florets
- 60g (2oz) French beans
Heat the oil in a wok or balti pan, add the onion and cook for a few mins. Add the balti curry paste and cook for a min.
Add the parsnip, squash, tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins.
Add the cauliflower and cook for 5 mins, then add the French beans and cook for 5 more mins, until all the vegetables are tender. Serve with rice, if you like.
Top tip for making Vegetable balti
Use sweet potato and carrots if you don’t have squash and parsnips.