This cheap, quick and easy vegetable bake is a hearty vegetarian dish that’s sure to be a hit with the whole family. Plus it’s packed full of goodness!
- 400g can of Vegetable soup
- ½ x 410g can of Lentils, drained
- 820g can of potatoes, drained
- 420g can of cut green beans, drained
- 300g can of broad beans, drained
- Large bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- Large handful breadcrumbs
Place the cut green beans, broad beans and soup into a flat ovenproof dish and mix together.
Mash the potatoes in a large bowl using the milk to soften and add the chopped parsley.
Spread the mashed potato over the top of the mixture in the dish.
Sprinkle some fresh breadcrumbs over the top of the potato and then place in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes at 240°C/475°F/Gas Mark 9. Serve when ready.
Top tip for making Vegetable beany bake
Try adding some grated cheddar cheese to the top of the bake for an extra treat