This traditional Moroccan recipe is gloriously aromatic and bursting with exotic flavours. The dish is quite filling on its own, but goes brilliantly with a side serving of couscous to soak up all the delicious juices.
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 aubergine, cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 x sachets Moroccan Reason to Season
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into 3cm chunks
- 125g ready-to-eat dried apricots, halved
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1tbsp clear honey
- 75g whole blanched almonds
- 20g pack fresh coriander, chopped
- Couscous, to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and cook until golden. Add the aubergine and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally until soft.
Stir in the Moroccan seasoning, squash, apricots, tomatoes, chickpeas and honey. Cover, heat to simmering, then simmer gently for 15 minutes. Add almonds and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the coriander. Serve with couscous.