Delicious roasted peppers, courgettes and onions in a Mexican sauce, all wrapped up and served with guacamole. Enjoy!
- 4 peppers, mixed colours, deseeded
- 2 courgettes
- 2 red onions, peeled and sliced
- 2tsp cumin seeds
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp chipotle paste e.g. Discovery
- 60g (2oz) wild rocket
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- 8 soft flour tortillas, warmed
- To serve:
- 1 tub ready-made tomato salsa (or make your own - see Sue's tip, right)
- Guacamole (see Sue's tip, right)
- Small tub sour cream
- 60g (2oz) grated Cheddar cheese
Set the oven to gas mark 6 or 200°C. Cut peppers into strips and the courgettes into sticks or rings. Mix in a large roasting tin with the onion, the cumin seeds, oil and the chipotle paste.
Roast the vegetables for 20-25 mins, until slightly charred.
Add rocket and seasoning to taste and mix until just combined. Squeeze in the juice from 2 of the lime wedges. Take pan to the table or transfer to a hot dish.
Serve with warm tortillas and the rest of the lime wedges, and the tomato salsa, guacamole, sour cream and grated Cheddar cheese. (Not suitable for freezing).
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon says: For the guacamole, mash 1 ripe avocado with the juice of half a lemon or a 1 lime and season well. For a homemade salsa, finely chop 1 small onion and 2 ripe tomatoes and add some chopped parsley, seasoning and a little oil and vinegar.