Haven’t tried tofu? Give this marinated version from Essentials magazine a whirl – the meat won’t be missed, its a vegetarian treat.
- 2x150g pack marinated tofu pieces
- 150g sugar snap peas, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- small bunch mint, roughly chopped
- small bunch basil, roughly chopped
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 bundles of rice noodles from a 250g pack
- 1tbsp toasted sesame oi
- l3tbsp peanut butter
- juice of 3 limes
- 2tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan and cook the tofu for 5-6 mins, just to heat through. Meanwhile, boil the rice noodles according to pack instructions, drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain well and mix with the sesame oil.
Using a vegetable peeler, pare carrots into ribbons. For the dressing, whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, chilli sauce, 100ml cold water and season.
Put the noodles, tofu and remaining ingredients into a large bowl and toss to combine. Drizzle with dressing and serve.