goodtoknow user Victoria Threader has been busy in the kitchen again making these amazing New Year cupcakes - filled with delicious champagne truffles. The perfect addition to any New Year celebration – these cupcakes look really impressive on the table, and they taste great.
- 125g of self raising flour
- 25g of cornflour
- 150g of butter
- 150g of caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of good quality vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 12 Champagne truffles of your choice, I used dark chocolate truffles
- For the topping:
- 150g of black shop bought fondant icing
- Vanilla buttercream:
- 60g of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 375g of icing sugar sifted
- 120 ml of milk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 12 black or gold muffin cases
Cream the butter , sugar , vanilla extract and milk until light and fluffy. Add one egg with a third of the flour. Beat until just mixed and repeat until all the eggs and flour are incorporated.
Place two thirds of the mixture into the cases and rest 1 truffle in the centre of each case.
Top up the cases with the rest of the mixture Bake for 18-20 minute.
Decorate by cutting 6 circles of the black icing the same size as the cake and placing on top of 6 of the cakes, then stick the topper to the black icing and smooth down. Decorate the other 6 with the vanilla buttercream.
Top tip for making Victoria Threader’s New Year cupcakes
Victoria says: 'Be sure to eat one while it’s warm (not too hot though) as the truffle oozes out of the centre when you bite into it, leave the rest to cool.'