A twist on the classic tomato gazpacho, this refreshing chilled soup recipe is ideal for serving on a hot summer’s day. Loaded with healthy veggies, including watercress, cucumber and avocado, and topped with tasty smoked salmon, it can be whipped up in just 10 minutes and left in the fridge for a quick, easy meal in seconds.
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp cider vinegar
- Half a cucumber (about 200g), peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ a green pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and stoned
- 75-100g bag fresh watercress
- 1 piece of ready poached salmon (about 125g)
Put all the ingredients, except the salmon, in a blender with 100ml cold water. Whizz until well blended. Sieve for a smooth soup. Season. Chill until ready to serve.
Spoon cold soup into 4 small bowls and add flakes of salmon on top. Season with salt flakes and black pepper.
Top tip for making Watercress gazpacho
This soup is very refreshing so is perfect for serving in small portions as a palette cleanser or amuse-bouche