The ultimate cookie packed with crunchy nuts and oozing with melted white chocolate pieces – perfect!
- 175g(6oz) plain flour
- ½ level tsp baking powder
- ¼ level tsp salt
- 125g (4oz) butter, softened
- 125g (4oz) light brown sugar
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- 100g-115g packet of white chocolate drops
- 30g (1oz) whole hazelnuts, halved
Set the oven to 190°C or gas mark 5.
Put all the ingredients into a bowl and beat together to mix. Spoon
level tablespoons of the mixture on to greased baking sheets, spacing them a little apart, to allow room for spreading while in the oven – you will need to bake in separate batches.
Bake in the oven for 12-15 mins or until golden brown. Loosen each cookie lightly with a palette knife, but leave them on baking sheets to cool. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon says: These cookies are also good with pecan nuts instead of the hazelnuts.