Looking for salads that will actually fill you up? This hearty rice salad may only be 370 cals but it will definitely hit the spot. Topped with a crunchy pistachio and orange dressing, this salad will soon be a firm favourite
- 300g mixed brown basmati and wild rice
- 100g broad beans, fresh or frozen
- 100g baby sugar-snap peas, halved lengthways
- 4-6 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 45g pistachios, toasted
- About 60g wild rocket or baby spinach leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper
Rinse the rice, put in a pan and add enough water to cover the rice by 2.5cm (1in). Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 mins. Add the beans and peas and cook for another few mins, until tender. Drain well, tip into a large serving bowl.
Add the spring onions, orange zest and juice. Leave to cool.
Just before serving, stir in the nuts, leaves and seasoning.
Top tip for making Wild rice and spring pulse salad
Toast pistachios, on a baking sheet, for 10 minutes at 160°C/320°F/Gas Mark 3.