A brilliant one-pot family meal! For extra flavour, sprinkle some Red Leicester cheese over the top before grilling
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2¼ lb (1kg) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 500g ready-made cheese sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 100g (4oz) grated Cheddar cheese
- 100g (4oz) fresh breadcrumbs
Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F, gas mark 5). Melt the butter in a pan and cook the leek for 5 mins until it softens.
Boil the carrots for 10 mins, then the potatoes for 5 mins until almost tender. Drain and add to the leek. Pour over the cheese sauce, add the mustard and a little seasoning, and mix well over a low heat.
Pour the veg into a baking dish and top with the cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake for 20 mins until golden and bubbling.
Serve with salad or some steamed broccoli.
Don't fancy leeks and carrots? Any cooked vegetable will work well with this dish.