Healthy living is really important for families – what we decide about how we eat and exercise affects our children for the rest of their lives.
And on Saturday 30th May it’s time to get sporty with Family Week Sports Day, where clubs and associations will be hosting events and competitions for families to enjoy together.
Sport is one of the best ways to get everyone involved – no matter how athletic they are. So whether it’s joining a club, watching from the sidelines, refereeing or finding something that everyone can do, sport and exercise is something that all can enjoy.
– Find out more about the National Family Week Sports Day
– 7 fun ways to get fit as a family
– Easy exercise that anyone can do
– Exercises to suit your weight, age and shape
– Dr Miriam Stoppard’s tips for healthy active teens
– What to do if your kids hate PE
– How to cope with kids with sports day stress
– More than 400 healthy eating recipes, including…
– Lamb kebabs in pittas
– Low-fat fish and chips
– Vegetable fajitas
– Broccoli and tuna pasta bake
– Help and advice for all your kids’ health worries
– 8 ways to tackle your child’s obesity
– How exercise helps boost your immune system
– How exercise can help beat acne