Get your day off to a good nutritional start with these healthy breakfast ideas. And, if you use Tesco Everyday Value ingredients, your bank balance will stay healthy too!
Everyday Value Muesli, £0.98 Everyday Value Cornflakes, £0.31 Everyday Value Coco Snaps 375g, £0.78 Everyday Value Rice Snaps 440g, £0.70
Everyday Value Orange Juice 1 Litre, £0.56 Everyday Value Multifruit Yoghurt Drink 6x100g, £1 Everyday Value Strawberry Yoghurt Drink 6x100g, £1 Everyday Value Orange Pack, £0.50 for squeezing into fresh orange juice Everyday Value 80 Teabags, £0.27 for 250g Everyday Value Coffee Granules, £0.47 for 100g
1 ripe Everyday Value Banana, sliced, £1.15 a bag 140g red fruit e.g. Everyday Value Strawberries, £1 a punnet Everyday Value Apple Juice, £0.56 a litre or water Everyday Value Clear Honey, £0.99 for 340g
Add the fruit to a blender and whizz. Add apple juice or water until it’s as runny as you like it. Finally add a teaspoon of honey and serve.
Fresh grapefruit Red or Yellow Grapefruit £0.45 each
Egg and soldiers
Everyday Value Eggs, £0.85 for 6 Everyday Value Medium Sliced Wholemeal Bread, £0.47
Tomato, mushroom and pepper omelette
1 Everyday Value Tomato, sliced, £0.75 for 500g 1 tsp olive oil 1/4 Everyday Value Peppers, deseeded and chopped, £1.18 for 500g 4 Everyday Value Mushrooms, sliced, £0.95 for 400g 2 Everyday Value Eggs, £0.85 for 6 2 tbsp Tesco Whole Milk, £0.55 for 1 pint
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Add the pepper and cook for a few minutes to soften, then add the tomato and mushrooms and cook for a few more minutes.
2. Mix the eggs and milk together in a jug.
3. Pour the mixture into the pan with the peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes and cook until the mixture is firm.
Pancakes with honey Ingredients:
110g Everyday Value Plain Flour, sifted, £0.52 for 1.5kg 2 Everyday Value Eggs, £0.85 for 6 200ml Tesco Whole Milk, £0.55 for 1 pint 75ml water 50g Everyday Value Butter, £1.19 for 250g Pinch of salt Everyday Value Clear Honey, £0.99 for 340g
1. Put the sifted flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour and mix in the eggs. Whisk until all the flour is mixed in.
2. Mix the water and milk together and add to to the flour and eggs a little at a time, whisking until you have a smooth batter.
3. Melt the butter in a non-stick pan. Add 2 tbsp of the butter into the mixture and whisk in. Put the rest aside to oil the pan before each pancake.
4. Wipe the pan with a little melted butter and add 2 ladles of batter. Swirl round the pan and cook for about 30 seconds. Make sure pancake is firm enough, then toss. Cook on the other side for about 10 seconds.