For the Diploma in IT your course will look at 3 main areas:
1. Business: How organisations work and the role technology can play
2. People: How to work well with other people
3. Technology: How to create technology solutions
Plus a cross theme of multimedia, looking at how to design and develop a multimedia product for a particular audience.
If you’re doing a Higher or Advanced Diploma, you’ll look at the same themes but in more detail. Like planning and project management, the impact technology has on society, organisations and individuals with a global focus, plus how internet and mobile communications have transformed the business world.
These are some of the things you might do on your course:
* Explore how technology transforms society
* As well as organisations and individuals
* And how it affects the success of a business
* Create technology solutions, like for a charity, a sports mini-league or a band
* Explore how to work with other people and in teams
* Plus how communications are used in business
* Learn about the roles of IT professionals
* And how they contribute to different industries