Want a spooky but still simple Halloween make-up look? These creepy bleeding eyes will do the trick!
Whether you’re incorporating this sinister style into a zombie costume or letting them be the star of the scare on their own, all you need to do to recreate this bleeding eyes make-up is follow a few simple steps, using items you’ve probably already got in your make-up bag.
You will need…
- Black gel eyeliner
- Black kohl eyeliner
- Black (or dark grey) eyeshadow
- Dark red lip lacquer
- Two small make-up brushes – one to draw lines, and one for blending
How to create bleeding eyes Halloween make-up
- Start by applying your normal face of make-up, if you wish – we’ve applied a neutral base of foundation and concealer and some winged eyeliner
- Use the black gel eyeliner and a firm-tipped brush to create small branch shapes, extending out from your waterline and down across your cheeks
- Smudge the lines slightly as you draw
- Add spots of the red lip lacquer to the black lines and rims of your eyes, again smudging slightly as you apply
- Darken the inner rim of your eyes with the kohl eyeliner
- Repeat the same process on your other eye. Don’t worry if they’re not symmetrical!
And you’re ready to hit the Halloween party!
Tip: Apply red lip lacquer to your lips as well for a more dramatic, vampy look!
(Note: When choosing your make-up products for this look, it’s important to select eye-safe products and take care when using the lip products around the eye area).
Have you recreated our bleeding eyes Halloween make-up tutorial? Leave us a picture of your work in the comments below!
Products used in this video: GOSH Extreme Liquid Gel Eyeliner, Coloup Pop Liquid Lipstick in Avenue, Revolution Iconic Pro 1 Eyeshadow Palette, Real Techniques Starter Set eye brushes