Types of pills: Raspberry Ketone
Raspberry Ketone promise to help suppress your appetite and keep you feeling full for longer, without the negative side effects found with other diet pills.
The Only Way is Essex and Celebrity Big Brother star Sam Faiers, 23, recently admitted that her one stone weight loss had been partly helped by taking the raspberry supplements, along with a strict diet and exercise regime.
Raspberry Ketone is around £10 for 60 tablets. Take 1 tablet, twice daily, 30 mins before a meal
Type: Metabolism booster
How does it work?
The diet world has gone a little bit crazy for this supplement recently. In short, Raspberry Ketone is that recognisable, aromatic scent that you find in raspberries. Weight-loss gurus claim that this compound, when taken in high quantities, increases the body’s production of the protein which regulates metabolism. To get the same benefits that two tablets would give you, you’d have to munch your way through 90lbs of raspberries a day! Whereas the makers have managed to produce the compound synthetically and in the form of a pill.
Where can I buy them?
Chemists and health stores.
What are the pros?
* All natural
* Extracted from raspberries which contain high levels of antioxidants
* Is thought to protect against type 2 diabetes
* They are cheaper than other pills that claim to do the same thing
What are the cons?
* Safety for use in children and lactating mothers has not been proven
* All testing that has shown positive weight-loss results has been on mice or in test tubes, no human research has been proven to date
* Concern that they could be harmful to those with chronic conditions such as asthma and high blood pressure
Ann Ashworth, a spokeswoman for the British Dietetic Association told the Mail Online, ‘Although this sounds very exciting, this evidence cannot be transferred to humans without further clinical trials. We need to know if it’s safe, if there are side-effects, or if it interacts with other medicines.’
For more information on other diet pills, follow the links below…