Anyone with a summer wedding booked who’s still looking for that perfect song for their first dance is in luck.
The music streaming service, Spotify, has released a new playlist of the top 20 all-time best wedding songs for your first dance as a married couple.
Of course, there are some romantic classics that make it into the list. Ed Sheeran’s beautiful hit ‘Thinking Out Loud’ tops the playlist, while Adele’s ‘Make You Feel My Love’ is at number six.
However, there are some surprises. Etta James’ ‘At Last’ was number two. It’s a beautiful song, but not one we’d have predicted to be so high up for a first dance. Also, Lonestar’s ‘Amazed’, seems to be surprisingly popular as a wedding hit.
Apparently Jason Mraz is the master of wedding songs, as he’s the only singer to feature more than once in top 20.
But the real question is where on earth is Whitney Houston? Why is ‘I Will Always Love You’ not in there?!
The whole playlist has 50 songs, but here are the top 20 to get you in the wedding mood:
1. Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
2. At Last – Etta James
3. You Are the Best Thing – Ray LaMontagne
4. All of Me – John Legend
5. A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
6. Make You Feel My Love – Adele
7. I Won’t Give Up – Jason Mraz
8. Everything – Michael Bublé
9. Better Together – Jack Johnson
10. Amazed – Lonestar
11. Come Away With Me – Norah Jones
12. First Day of My Life – Bright Eyes
13. Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
14. Lucky – Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
15. Can’t Help Falling In Love – Elvis Presley
16. Marry Me – Train
17. Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
18. What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
19. Crazy Love – Van Morrison
20. I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
All these would certainly be lovely to dance to. But do you think Spotify got it right? If you danced to one of these at your wedding, or chose something completely different, let us know in the comments.