Slimming World's low-fat tomato soup
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Slimming World's low-fat tomato soup recipe is a really easy and delicious soup that takes hardly any time to rustle up. This Slimming World tomato soup is ideal for lunch and can be made in batches too - perfect if you're trying to save time and money. This tasty soup is made with chopped tomatoes, infused with garlic and topped with a generous swirl of low-fat natural fromage frais. This Slimming World tomato soup saves 4 people and will take around 35 mins to make. Leftovers can be frozen and saved for future use. Leave to defrost in the fridge over night before reheating thoroughly. Serve with homemade crusty bread or garlic bread for a naughty treat.
- Low-calorie spray oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1ltr (1¾ pints) water or stock
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp artificial sweetener
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g (7oz) low-fat natural fromage frais
- Low-fat natural fromage frais
- Finely chopped tomatoes
- Spray a saucepan with oil spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery, garlic and carrot and stir-fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add the water or stock, tomatoes and sweetener and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15-20 mins. Remove from the heat, season well and, using a hand-held blender or food processor, blend until smooth. Return the soup to the pan and stir in the fromage frais.
- Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and serve immediately, garnished with a little fromage frais and chopped tomatoes.
For more delicious Slimming World recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website