Slimming World's spaghetti Bolognese
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This classic spaghetti Bolognese recipe is given a Slimming World twist. Low on calories but certainly not on flavour! Slimming World's spaghetti Bolognese takes only 20 mins to cook and serves around 4 people. It's the perfect family meal you can make over and over again. This recipe shows you how to make a low-calorie Bolognese sauce from scratch using extra lean mince and plenty of vegetables too. This mouth-watering pasta dish is rich in flavour, with a tangy tomato sauce, infused with garlic and is best served with fresh pasta. Any leftover Bolognese can be frozen until needed. Leave to defrost in the fridge over night before reheating thoroughly to serve with fresh pasta.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 small yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 113g/4oz mushrooms, sliced
- 4 large sticks celery, chopped
- 227ml/8fl oz stock
- A pinch of dried chilli
- 283g/10oz extra lean minced beef
- 1 397g/14oz can chopped tomatoes or passata
- 4 level tbs tomato purée
- 1tbs chopped fresh oregano
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 400g cooked, wholemeal spaghetti
- To make the Bolognese: Fry chopped garlic, celery and onion using a low calorie oil spray, until soft.
- Add extra lean minced beef (or Quorn if you want a vegetarian option) and brown in the pan.
- Add chopped mushrooms, peppers, canned tomatoes or passata, oregano, thyme, carrots, tomato puree, dried chilli and a drop of balsamic vinegar if you like.
- Simmer until sauce is thickened.
- Season to taste. Pour over spaghetti and serve with a green salad on the side.
See how to make our classic spaghetti Bolognese recipe
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website