Slimming World's burger and chips
Cooking time:(may need an extra 5 mins)
Skill level: Bit of effort
Slimming World's burger and chips recipe is a healthy and guilt-free option! Sometimes there's nothing better than a classic burger and chips and this Slimming World beef burger recipe is ideal if you're on a low-calorie diet but still want to treat yourself, in a healthy way. These Slimming World chips are the perfect way to treat yourself if you're on a diet. Cooked with low-calorie cooking spray and seasoned only with salt and pepper, these Slimming World chips are super simple to make and a healthy way to consume carbohydrates. The delicious homemade beef burger recipe is one of our favourite healthy burgers, and only takes around 40 mins to prepare and cook from scratch so you know exactly what you’re eating and can control what you put in. This Slimming World burger recipe serves 4 people, so it’s great if you want a family meal that also suits your low calorie diet. Because it’s a low calorie and low fat burger recipe, this Slimming World dish is also great to keep the rest of the family healthy. This recipe shows you how to cut the fat in a classic go-to meal. From extra lean beef mince for the burgers to homemade baked chips and cutting on sauces, Slimming World are pulling out all the stops to make sure this delicious dish misses out on calories but certainly not on flavour. Serve your burgers with soft buns and homemade salsa too.
Find more brilliant and delicious recipes from Slimming World
IngredientsFor the chips:
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm/½in chips
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1tsp artificial sweetener
- 57ml/2 fl oz water
- 1-2tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 794g/1lb 12oz extra lean minced beef
- 8tbsp very finely chopped shallots
- 4tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 4 x 57g/2oz wholemeal roll
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices of tomato
- Grated carrot
- Shredded red cabbage
- To make this Slimming World recipe, preheat the oven to 240ºC/gas 9.
- Place the chips in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 mins. Drain well on kitchen paper and leave to dry for about 10 mins.
- Return the chips to the dry pan, cover with a lid and shake to ‘rough-up’ the edges of the chips. Transfer to a non-stick roasting tin, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and bake for 20-25 mins, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile place all the salsa ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 4-5 mins. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- To make the burgers: Place the minced beef, shallots, Worcestershire sauce and garlic in a bowl and, using your hands, combine thoroughly. Season well, divide into four and shape into flat burgers. Spray the burgers with low-calorie cooking spray, place under a hot grill and cook for 5-6 mins on each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove and keep warm.
- To assemble the burgers: Split the rolls in half and place a lettuce leaf and a tomato slice on top of each base. Top with a burger and some of the salsa, and serve immediately with the chips and some grated carrot and shredded red cabbage.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.