Slimming World's lemon and garlic chicken with a warm potato salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Fresh lemons and garlic give this chicken recipe a boost of flavour while green beans and new potatoes go towards your 5-a-day. Slimming World's lemon and garlic chicken with a warm potato salad serves 4 people and takes about 25 mins to prepare and cook. This simple and succulent meal would make a hearty lunch or filling dinner. The tangy lemon and strong garlic flavour work wonders to transform this dish. The warm potato salad is the ideal side for this flavoursome cut of chicken.
- 4 x 150g skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1tbsp finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and very finely chopped
- 1 large egg white
- 500g new potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 300g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4tbsp fat free vinaigrette
- Lemon wedges, to garnish
We've got a great recipe here for cooking a whole chicken with lemon and garlic if you don't want to use chicken breasts.
- To make this chicken breast recipe, place the chicken breasts between sheets of cling film and, using a mallet or rolling pin, beat lightly until about 1.5cm thick. Remove the cling film and season well.
- Mix together the lemon zest, chopped rosemary and garlic and spread over the chicken breasts.
- Preheat the grill to medium and line the grill pan with foil. Beat the egg white on a plate with a little salt and pepper until frothy. Dip the chicken in the egg white and place on the grill pan. Grill for 10-12 minutes, turning once until browned and crisp.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in lightly salted water for 10 minutes, adding the green beans for the final 3 minutes, then drain. Toss the potatoes, green beans and cherry tomatoes with the vinaigrette and season.
- Divide the potato salad between four plates then serve with the chicken and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website