Slimming World’s linguine with creamy pesto sauce
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This fuss-free pasta dish is perfect any day of the week - whether you need a quick meal or fancy something tasty with friends at the weekend, this easy linguine is ready in only 20 minutes.
- 350g dried linguine
- 350g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 50g fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 25g rocket leaves, roughly chopped
- 50g Parmesan cheese or Pecorino cheese, grated
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 150g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 100ml vegetable stock
The pesto sauce is also terrific drizzled over cooked potatoes or meat, especially chicken.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, adding the green beans to the pan for the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto by placing the basil and rocket leaves in a food processor with the grated cheese and the garlic. Blend until everything is finely chopped. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and ensure there are no large chunks remaining – if there are, blend again briefly.
- Add the fromage frais and stock to the processor and blitz again until creamy and fairly smooth.
- Drain the pasta and beans and return to the saucepan. Stir in the pesto sauce and toss to mix well.
- Serve immediately garnished with a little extra grated Parmesan.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website