Slimming World’s cheesy broccoli bake
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This Slimming World cheesy broccoli bake makes a family favourite into a healthier meal. This easy-to-make cheesy broccoli bake from Slimming World can be served either as a side dish or as a meal in itself, sure to satisfy lots of tasty kids as well as your dieting ambitions. By using a low fat cheese sauce, this is a great way to get one of your five-a-day and not worry about the calories.
- 500g broccoli florets
- 8 spring onions, finely chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 200g fat-free cottage cheese with spring onion and chives
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 110g reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
This recipe can be made ahead and frozen for extra convenience.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas Mark 7.
- Cook the broccoli in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the spring onions and cherry tomatoes to the broccoli, mix well and spoon into an ovenproof dish.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a clean bowl with the cottage cheese and garlic until smooth. Season well and add the parsley.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and stir briefly to distribute the ingredients evenly. Sprinkle the cheese on top and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the mixture has just set. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website