Slimming World's mince pies
Cooking time:(plus resting time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Make your Christmas spread a little bit healthier by trying these diet mince pies from Slimming World. Made using ready-made mincemeat, they'll be ready in no time! Indulge your sweet tooth and get in the festive spirit with these Slimming World mince pies - you won't have to miss out or worry about what's in them, especially because you've made them yourself and you can enjoy them guilt-free! Your family won't even know this is a Slimming World recipe, they'll be gone as soon as they're out of the oven, they're such a hit!
- low calorie cooking spray
- 227g/ 8oz plain flour
- a pinch of salt
- 113g/ 4oz butter or margarine,
- cut into small cubes
- 16 level tbsp mincemeat
- 1 level tsp icing sugar, to dust
Want to make your own mincemeat? See how with our easy mincemeat recipe
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Lightly spray some bun tins with low calorie cooking spray.
- Make the pastry. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the fat and gently rub it in with your fingertips. Add sufficient cold water to mix to a ball that leaves the sides of the bowl clean. Rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry thinly on a lightly floured surface. Cut out 32 rounds with a 7.5cm/3 inch fluted cutter. Use to line the prepared bun tins.
- Divide the mincemeat between the pastry cases. Roll out the remaining pastry trimmings and make some little stars with a star cutter. Use to decorate the tops of the tarts.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until the pastry is crisp and lightly coloured. Cool on a wire rack and dust lightly with the icing sugar.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website