Slimming World's turkey risotto
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This turkey risotto from Slimming World is perfect for using up Christmas leftovers. Filled with vegetables and plenty of flavour, it's a delicious diet option all year round
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 1 red pepper and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 710ml / 1¼pt chicken stock
- 227g/ 8oz dried Arborio rice a few strands of saffron
- 454g/ 1lb lean cooked turkey, skin removed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
You could substitute the turkey for chicken for an easy mid-week meal
- Put the onion, leeks, peppers, garlic and 284ml/½ pint of the stock in a large heavy frying pan. Cover the pan, bring to the boil and boil for 5-10 minutes. Uncover the pan, reduce the heat and simmer for about 25 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and syrupy.
- Stir in the rice and cook gently for 2 minutes. Add some more stock, together with the saffron, and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a bare simmer and cook very gently for about 15-20 minutes, adding more stock and stirring as necessary.
- Add the cooked turkey after 10 minutes and heat through in the rice. The risotto is ready when the rice is plump and tender, and all the liquid has been absorbed. Season to taste and serve sprinkled with parsley.
For more delicious Slimming World recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website