Slimming World's chocolate log
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Everyone loves a slice of chocolate log at Christmas! If you're trying to watch what you eat, try Slimming World's healthier version. It uses fromage frais instead of whipped double cream - fromage frais is much less calorific, so you can still enjoy a treat, but not have to worry about all the added calories. Also, instead of using a chocolate bar, this recipe uses a chocolate drink for the chocolate flavour as it has much less sugar in it, and in the actual roll, the recipe uses cocoa powder for that same flavour, without all the calories. You can make this chocolate log any time of year - it doesn't necessarily have to be just around Christmas - you can enjoy a chocolate log year-round! Kids and grown-ups will love it and they won't even notice that it's a low-fat version.
- 42g white self-raising flour, sifted
- 14g cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 57g caster sugar
- fresh redcurrants and holly leaves, to decorate
For the filling
- 142g fat free natural fromage frais
- 11g sachet Options Chocolate Drink
- artificial sweetener, to taste (optional)
- 113g raspberries
Fancy trying the Slimming World diet? Head over to our diet channel for more details
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Sift the flour and cocoa together and set aside. Whisk the eggs and sugar together until thick and creamy. Fold in the flour and cocoa with a metal spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into a lined 30 x 20cm/ 12 x 8 inch Swiss roll tin and smooth the surface. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until cooked and springy to the touch.
- Turn out onto a sheet of lightly sugared baking parchment placed on top of a slightly damp, clean tea towel. Leave to cool and then remove the lining paper. Trim the edges.
- Mix the fromage frais with the chocolate Options, reserving a little of the Options for dusting. Sweeten to taste, if necessary. Fold in the raspberries and spread over the chocolate sponge.
- Use the baking parchment and tea towel to help you roll up the sponge (don’t worry if the sponge cracks a little – the chocolate powder will disguise it!). Place on a serving plate and dust with the reserved Options powder and decorate with the redcurrants and holly leaves.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website