Slimming World's green curry chicken drumsticks
Total time:Plus marinating time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Give the ultimate picnic food a Thai twist by serving up these spicy-coated chicken legs at your next barbecue or picnic, they're sure to be a hit. This healthy Slimming World recipe lets you enjoy classic finger-food, guilt-free
- 8 large, skinless chicken drumsticks
- 150g fat free natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 5 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 5 tbsp finely chopped mint
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Alternatively, roast the drumsticks in a preheated oven at 180°C/ 350°C/Gas Mark 4 for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Or cook under a preheated hot grill for 15-20 minutes.
- With a sharp knife, make a few cuts in the flesh of each drumstick.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until fairly smooth. Transfer to a wide ceramic bowl and season to taste.
- Add the drumsticks to the marinade, rubbing the mixture well into the meat.
- If you have time, cover and chill for 1-2 hours or overnight if time permits.
- Remove the drumsticks from the marinade, shaking off the excess. Cook them on the barbecue for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through. Serve warm or cold.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website