Slimming World's fruity pasta salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This fresh, citrusy Slimming World's fruity pasta salad makes a delicious light lunch any time of the year and is ideal picnic food or a lunch box filler. You'll be surprised how well orange, apples and grapes go with pasta in this inventive dish. This recipe serves 4 people and takes about 30 mins to make. This colourful, vibrant salad is made with oranges, apples and celery. It's light, sweet and full of flavour - plus it count towards your 5-a-day too. If you have any leftovers store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 day.
IngredientsFor the dressing:
- 6 level tbsp extra light mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1tsp runny honey
- 1 level tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 3tbsp each of finely chopped fresh chives and dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 300g dried short-shaped pasta
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 red apples, cored and roughly chopped
- 50g each of green and red seedless grapes
- 2 celery sticks, thickly sliced
- 6 spring onions, sliced
The salad can be chilled until ready to serve and will keep up to 1 day, so make some extra and pack lunchboxes with this healthy salad the next day
- Make the dressing by mixing together all the ingredients in a large salad bowl. Season to taste and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain well.
- Add the pasta to the salad bowl with the remaining salad ingredients.
- Pour over the dressing and toss gently to mix well.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website