Slimming World courgette, red pepper and Feta salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This lovely Slimming World courgette, red pepper and Feta salad is packed with Mediterranean flavours and smothered in a tasty chilli and lemon thyme dressing. Cook the veg on the BBQ for an extra smoky taste. This recipe serves 4 people and takes approximately 45 mins to prepare and cook. This light and delicious salad is ideal if you're taking part in the Slimming World diet - it's filling and bursting with flavour. This dish is also suitable for vegetarians. Serve with a cut of crusty bread for a treat. This salad is best made and served from fresh.
IngredientsFor the vinaigrette:
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2tbsp lemon thyme leaves
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6tbsp fat-free vinaigrette
- a pinch of sweetener
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into thick slices
- 500g courgettes, trimmed and thickly sliced lengthways
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 large red onion, peeled and thickly sliced into rounds
- 110g reduced fat Feta cheese, roughly crumbled
- 2tbsp roughly chopped mint
On a diet? Take a look at some more of our delicious Slimming World recipes
- Preheat the barbecue or grill
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking all the ingredients together in a bowl, season to taste and set aside.
- Place the peppers on the barbecue, skin side down, and cook for 5-10 minutes until blistered and blackened. Alternatively, place them skin side up under a preheated hot grill and cook for 5-10 minutes until well blistered. Transfer the peppers to a bowl, cover with cling film and set aside.
- Lightly spray the courgette slices with low calorie cooking spray and season well. Cook on the barbecue or a hot griddle for 1½-2 minutes on each side until flecked golden and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Lightly spray the onion rings with low calorie cooking spray, season well and cook on the hot griddle for about 30 seconds on each side until flecked golden. Add to the courgettes in the bowl and pour over the vinaigrette.
- Add the peppers to the rest of the vegetables and leave to marinate until the courgettes are cool. Check the seasoning and serve topped with roughly crumbled Feta and sprinkled with chopped mint.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website