Slimming World mixed summer bean salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Broad, green, runner and butter beans, this healthy summer bean salad has them all! Taken from Slimming World, this tasty dish is seasoned with a delicious chilli and lemon dressing for a tangy finish
IngredientsFor the salad
- 200g shelled fresh broad beans
- 150g fine green beans, trimmed
- 150g stringless runner beans, sliced diagonally
- 200g shelled fresh garden peas
- 2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 410g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
For the dressing
- 2 round shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- juice of ½ lemon
- 6tbsp fat free vinaigrette
- 1 large mild green chill, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1tsp roasted cumin seeds
- sea salt
Beans and pulses count towards your 5-a-day so they're a great addition to any salad - and they're filling too!
- Cook the broad beans in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes adding the green beans and runner beans after 3 minutes. Add the garden peas for the last 2 minutes, then drain and plunge into cold water. Drain again, then remove and discard the tough white skins of the broad beans. Set aside.
- Meanwhile place the sliced shallots into a bowl with the lemon juice and set aside.
- Make the dressing by putting the chopped shallot and the lemon juice into a large salad bowl. Leave for 10 minutes then whisk in the vinaigrette. Stir in the green chilli, garlic and cumin seeds and season to taste. Add the beans and garden peas to the dressing and mix together.
- Drain, rinse and dry the sliced shallots and use to top the salad, serve immediately.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website