Slimming World's risotto primavera
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Primavera is Italian for spring, and this bright and beautiful rice dish is jam-packed with seasonal flavours. Warming and wholesome, it makes a great lunch or light supper and is sure to be popular with all ages
- 250g risotto rice
- 8-10 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 litre boiling vegetable stock
- 400g asparagus tips, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 baby leeks, finely sliced
- 6 baby carrots, peeled and halved lengthways (or quartered if large)
- 6 baby courgettes, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Low calorie cooking spray
Experiment with the vegetables you include to make this dish different every time
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the garlic, spring onions, leeks, carrots and courgettes and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add a ladleful of the boiling stock and cook, stirring, until the liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock a ladleful at a time until you have used half of it.
- Stir in the asparagus, then continue adding the stock as before until it is all used up and the rice is creamy and tender but still has a little bit of a bite to it, this should take about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, season well and stir in the parsley before serving.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website