Slimming World's rustic garlic chicken tray bake
Skill level: Bit of effort
This delicious family-sized Slimming World's rustic garlic chicken tray bake is simple and healthy all in one. This recipe uses chicken thighs which means it shouldn't break the bank to make. Serving 6 people, this dish would make the perfect roast dinner alternative with less washing up! It may take some time to make but is well worth the effort. The chicken in this recipe is infused with garlic, rosemary and red chilli flakes for an extra kick of spice. If you're looking for a super easy and delicious Slimming World recipe that the whole family can enjoy, this is it! You'll want to make this one-pot wonder over and over again.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 large skinless chicken thighs
- 600g Desirée potatoes, peeled and cut into 2.5mm thick slices
- 800g medium vine tomatoes, halved
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 3 large onions, peeled and thickly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 4-5 small rosemary sprigs
- 4tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1tsp dried red chilli flakes
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 250ml chicken stock
If you don't have Desirée potatoes you could always use new potatoes
- To make this chicken thigh recipe, preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4. Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- Season the chicken thighs, add to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Spray the potatoes with low calorie cooking spray and add to the pan in a single layer. Cook for around 5 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Remove from the heat.
- Spray a medium roasting tray with low calorie cooking spray and layer the base with the tomatoes, courgettes, onions and potatoes.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables in a single layer and sprinkle over the garlic, herbs, chilli flakes and the lemon zest and juice.
- Pour the stock over the chicken and vegetables, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 1½ hours until the potatoes are soft and the chicken is tender, removing the foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Bring the tray to the table and let everyone help themselves.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website