Slimming World's Pan Haggerty
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This hearty potato and onion cake from the North East of England is an amazingly low-cost dinner – Slimming World’s version includes cabbage and tasty ham to make it a complete meal. This dish can be ready on the dinner table in 1hr. This recipe serves 4 people. Any leftovers can be kept in a Tupperware in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ green cabbage, shredded
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions, halved and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 225g lean ham, visible fat removed, diced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
This is delicious served hot with salad.
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for about 10-12 minutes or until just tender, adding the cabbage for the last 4 minutes.
- Drain, return to the saucepan and leave to cool. Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick ovenproof frying pan with low calorie
- cooking spray and place over a low-medium heat. Add the onions and fry for 10 minutes, adding the garlic for the last 2 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4.
- Add the onions and garlic to the potatoes and cabbage in the saucepan and stir in the ham and eggs. Season and mix well.
- Spray the ovenproof frying pan with more low calorie cooking spray and spoon in the potato mixture, pressing down lightly. Fry for 5 minutes over a medium heat then transfer the frying pan to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website