Slimming World's lamb tagine
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Slimming World's lamb tagine recipe is a guilt-free treat to enjoy at the weekend. This mouth-watering tagine dish is made with tender lamb and packed with flavour, made with plenty of veggies and a chilli sauce. This Slimming World lamb tagine recipe serves 4 people and will take approximately 1hr and 15 mins to make but don't let that put you off, it's well worth the wait! Tagines are stews that take their name from the traditional Moroccan earthenware pots they’re cooked in, though they’ll taste just as great made in a casserole. Almost anything can go into a tagine – for this one, we’ve used lamb, carrots and courgettes.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 500g lean lamb leg steaks, visible fat removed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp sweetener
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 courgettes, halved lengthways and sliced
- small handful finely chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
This tagine is best served hot. If you have any leftovers, keep in an airtight container for up to 2 days and reheat thoroughly before serving.
- Spray a non-stick casserole pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the onion, spices and lamb and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée and sweetener and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low then cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Stir in the carrots and courgettes and cook for a further 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Season to taste, scatter over the coriander and serve hot.
For more delicious Slimming World recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website