Slimming World's chocolate and apricot brownies
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Slimming World's chocolate and apricot brownies are easy to make and delicious too, made with low calorie hot chocolate powder and sweet dried fruit for a guilt-free hot of sweetness that fits into the Slimming World plan. This recipe makes 24 squares and will take just 35 mins to make and bake. Finish them off with a dusting of icing sugar or if you're feeling naughty, serve warm with frozen yogurt.
- 110g low fat spread, suitable for baking
- 4 x 11g sachets low calorie hot chocolate powder
- 4tbsp sweetener
- 60g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 110g self-raising flour
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 200g dried apricots, chopped
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1 level tsp icing sugar, to dust
This recipe is freezer friendly which means any leftovers can be stored in the freezer or this recipe can be made in bulk and frozen.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas 4 and line a 30cm x 20cm baking tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the spread in a pan, remove from the heat and stir in the drinking chocolate, sweetener and sugar. Add the eggs and whisk until well combined.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and stir. Add the apricots to the mixture with the vanilla essence and mix well. Pour into the tin and bake for around 20 mins until just set - it will firm as it cools. These are delicious served straight from the oven or cooled and dusted with icing sugar.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website