Slimming World's diet cola chicken
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Slimming World's diet cola chicken recipe is simply delicious, made with tender pieces of chicken and served with plenty of fresh vegetables for lighter option. This mouth-watering diet cola chicken recipe is ready in under an hour and serves 4 people. The diet coke adds a sweet flavour and sticky texture along with the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and passata. If you’ve never tasted this Slimming World diet coke chicken, loved by Slimming World members, you’re in for a treat. Once you’ve tried this diet cola chicken, you’ll be hooked! This delicious Slimming World chicken recipe only takes 40 mins to make and is well worth the wait. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat thoroughly before serving again and make sure the chicken is piping hot.
If you're a vegetarian swap the chicken for Quorn or tofu pieces instead - just cook for less time according to packet instructions.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken
- breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 330ml can diet cola
- 200ml boiling chicken stock
- 120g passata with onions and garlic
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 200g sugar snap peas
- Spray a wide non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the chicken, peppers and onion and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the diet cola, stock, passata, tomato purée, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and dried mixed herbs and stir well. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar snap peas and turn the heat to medium-high. Cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the veg is tender.
- Serve hot with mashed potatoes.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.