Slimming World's banoffee pie
Prep time:plus cooling and setting
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Slimming World's banoffee pie is a guilt-free dessert you'll just love if you're on the Slimming World plan. Made with bananas, low-fat spread, digestive biscuits and a Slimming World favourite, Muller Light, this creamy dessert is a real treat. This recipe takes about 30 mins to prepare, plus cooling and setting time, and serves 10 people - perfect if you've got friends round for dinner. This celebrated pie was created in Britain in the 1970s, and the combination of banana and toffee has been thrilling pudding fans ever since. This Slimming World version uses toffee yogurt and fresh bananas.
*Pregnant women, the elderly and babies are advised not to eat raw or partially cooked eggs.
- 60g low fat spread
- 10 reduced fat digestive biscuits
- 2 x 12g sachets powdered gelatine
- 250g quark
- 3 x 175g pots Muller Light Toffee yogurt (or any free toffee yogurt)
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites*
- 2 bananas
- 2 level tsp cocoa powder, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 190C, gas 5 and line a 20cm springform tin with non-stick baking parchment.
- Melt the spread in a pan over a low heat.
- Meanwhile, put the biscuits in a sealable food bag, bash into fine crumbs with a rolling pin and tip into a bowl. Pour in the melted spread, stir well and spoon the mixture into the prepared tin to cover the base, pressing down evenly. Bake for 12-15 minutes then set aside to cool.
- While the base is in the oven, dissolve the gelatine in 5 tablespoons boiling water.
- Put the quark in a bowl and whisk until smooth, then whisk in the yogurt, sweetener, vanilla and gelatine liquid.
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until stiff peaks form and fold into the quark mixture.
- Spoon the quark mixture over the biscuit base and smooth the surface with a palette knife. Chill for 4 hours or until set.
- Release the pie from the tin and put the pie, still on its base if necessary, on a serving plate. Thinly slice the bananas and arrange neatly on top, then sprinkle with cocoa powder and slice to serve.
For more delicious Slimming World recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.