Slimming World's maple-glazed chicken breasts with cheesy ham and leek stuffing
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Slimming World's maple-glazed chicken breasts with cheesy ham and leek stuffing are a delicious dinner choice. The irresistible filling in these chicken breasts makes them ideal for a low-cost and fuss-free main course. It will take around one hour to whip up this delicious feast but with only 10 mins prep time, the oven does all of the hard work for you. The tender chicken breast glazed in a sticky sweet maple sauce and the cheesy ham and leek stuffing makes this recipe extra special. This recipe serves 4 people and is a great choice for the whole family to enjoy - even if you're the only one on the Slimming World plan.
IngredientsTo make this stuffed chicken breast recipe:
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ small leek, thinly sliced
- 1 small celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chicken stock
- 4 thin slices lean smoked ham, visible fat removed, finely chopped
- 75g low-fat natural cottage cheese
- 30g wholemeal bread, crumbed
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp beaten egg
- 4 large skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1 level tbsp maple syrup
Serve straight away with your favourite vegetables.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas 6. Spray a non-stick saucepan with a little low-calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat. Add the onion, leek, celery and chicken stock and season lightly. Cover and cook for 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft but not browned then tip the mixture into a bowl and leave to cool slightly.
- Stir the ham, cottage cheese, breadcrumbs, mustard, thyme and egg into the vegetable mixture and season to taste. Cut a long deep pocket into the thickest side of each breast. Fill each of the pockets with the stuffing mixture, press the chicken breasts back into shape and tie them in 3 places with kitchen string, just tightly enough to keep all that lovely stuffing in the right place.
- Arrange the chicken breasts on a rack set over a roasting tin, season lightly then brush each one with a little of the maple syrup. Roast for 35-40 minutes or until the juices run clear, basting twice more with maple syrup. Serve straight away with your favourite vegetables.
Recipes taken from Slimming World’s new recipe book Festive Feasts, available in all Slimming World groups in the UK and Ireland priced £4.95/€7.95. To find your nearest Slimming World group visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk or call 0344 897 8000.
Image credit: Slimming World/Will Heap